Budget should not be an obstacle when planning your party - thrifty planners can create just as magical an event as those with deep pockets - you just need to know where to look.
We have taken the liberty of putting together different suppliers to suit each price per head range. Simply work out your budget, divide by the number of guests and go to the corresponding section below. Start spending (and saving).
50 - 100 AED per person
When watching the costs there are plenty of little cheats you can do to keep spend to a minimum. If you need to go even lower than AED 50 per person then drop us a line through ‘ask me’ and I will help you have your ideal party with your ideal price tag.
- Have the party at home - remember your home is your castle. Apart from venues more often than not costing a pretty penny, you also incur cleaning services and food costs at retail price - much more expensive than if you do it yourself.
- Although having your party catered is the stress free option, catering for it yourself will add a personal touch without adding to the bill.
- BYOB. That is right Bring Your Own Bottle. It is quite acceptable to request guests to bring a bottle of their preferred tipple with them. This way everybody is ensured their favourites are flowing while taking a large burden off your pocket.
- Sharing is caring. You can theme your party as a pot luck party. We always find this a fabulous way to get guests involved, and creates multiple talking points at the party. From experience you will end up with a fabulous spread and enough to feed an army. Ask people what they are bringing so you can co ordinate and reduce repeat dishes.
- Unleash the suppressed interior designer in you and dress your space yourself. Balloons, streamers, place cards are all easy to find and cheap to buy. Remember less is often more, it is more important to enhance your home, not overwhelm it with glitter which it can be a little tacky.
- Personalise your décor and print banners or posters with tailored messages and images. These are especially effective at baby showers and birthdays.
- Have a breakfast clean up for those who are willing to come back the next morning to help clean. 12 eggs and some left over ham and a baguette can go a long way to feed those eager helpers and ensures you will have more ‘me time’ in the afternoon.
150 - 200 AED per person
So you have the finances to push the boat out but not the yacht. Here are some fun ideas to make your party sparkle but keep the outgoings at a reasonable level. As always if these suggestions do not whet your appetite simply ‘ask me’.
- Signature Drinks. The mark of a good party is a signature drink. This can be crafted as a welcome drink or as a larger punch bowl. This way you can feed the masses and not spend a fortune, Sangria is always a great option or perhaps a chocolate based cocktail. Indulge! Check out some of our party favourites for more recipes.
- Order in. To cater for a party does not always mean five star gourmet, why not order from your favourite take away restaurants. Simply throw away the packaging, present the food beautifully and no one needs to know where it came from. Our little secret.
- Have your guests dress up. This instantly adds to the decor without you having to spend a fortune.
- Make a play list from your CDs and have it ready to go. This will add instant atmosphere to a bash without DJ costs.
- Use your resources! By asking guests to bring elements of the party with them it gets them involved from the start, giving them a stake in the success of the party something everyone is happy to be part of.
- There are plenty of deals across the city, many offering food and beverage at set prices. This allows for precise forward planning and budgeting and means you don’t have to clean up- genius.
300 - 400 AED per person
Let’s party like a Queen!
- Get a planner in to take care of everything if you are too busy.
- A night on the tiles. You can start with an all inclusive dinner before moving onto one of the many hotspots across the city.
- Take a look in my rolodex for some venue suggestions.
- Order a limo to drive you and your friends around. Not only does it mean your carriage brings you there in style, it also means the party never stops.
- Have a bash at home with live entertainment, waiters to serve your guests and canapés and cocktails prepared by a professional chef just for you. This option is pure decadence.
- Rent a yacht and spoil your guests with a day out in the sun followed by cocktails and jet skiing into the sunset. This makes a statement and always is a winner with guests.
- Have a formal dinner. A private chef will entertain you and your guests with a fine dining menu served by a professional waiter. Enforce a dress code for this event to ensure the company matches the table.